Monday, January 19, 2009

It's snowing cats and dogs

Yesterday, when it stopped snowing, I went out and shoveled. Then it started again and I went out and shoveled the new snow. I heard it might rain, so didn't want any snow if that happened. I do not need an icy mess. I woke up this morning and it was snowing again, ugh. So, when it stopped, I went out shoveling. I do the back stair ways and I make a path and area for the dog to do his business. Today I thought I was going to pass out, but it had to be done. Luckily when I got to the end of the driveway where the wet heavy snow, that the snow plows throw back at me, my son came over. It wasn't much left for him, but it was the worst, so it was nice to have him do that part.

So, I took a pict of the driveway and mail path, and sent it to my husband. He bought a really nice, really big snow blower, but I have no idea how to use it, guess I need to learn when he gets home this weekend. I am not supposed to shovel, I have scoliosis, arthritis, rheum and displaced ribs, but I did it anyways. Now I am feeling it, but I made up a fun little quilt piece, so I can sit and relax the rest of the night and work on that.



To cool down after all the shoveling, I took Casey out back for a little bit of play time. He loves the snow, he loves tunneling in it, eating it and catching snowballs. He will sit and play in it all day, even if it is freezing, he doesn't have much sense. All I had to do was ask him, "Where is your ball" and he went looking for it. I didn't have the heart to tell him, there wasn't one, he was having too much fun looking for it;)



After awhile, he will sit there and ponder the meaning of life, or maybe, what can we do next, who knows what that look means;)





The kitties were stuck inside, I do not let them out. I doubt they would bother once they got their claws into that cold wet snow. As you can see, being stuck in a house, is driving Dora up the walls, literally!

7 comments:

Penny @ Miss Pootsie's Primitives said...

What a cute post! Love the pics of your 'furbabies'. My daughter & son n law have two cats and they'll do that too. They used to use a laser light pointer thingie and flash it all over the walls n floors...those cats would go BANANAS! Be careful in that snow. Hope you haven't suffered too much pain from your work. Blessings, Penny

WoolenSails said...

Penny,
You guessed right, lol. My son was using the laser light, while I tried to grab a picture. Dora jumped onto it, so that it was on her head in the picture. The magic of photoshop;)

Debbie

Jacque. said...

Hey Debbie...for pete's sake...quit doing stuff that you should not be doing! Now I'm gonna worry about you even more! Good Grief. LOVE the photos of Casey...and Dora. haha

JoJo said...

Debbie, my heavens! That's a LOT of snow to be shoveling. Although we haven't had a lot of snow this winter, my DH has showed me how to start and use the snowblower. But when the snow needs blowing, he usually does it before he goes in to work.

Casey looks like he was having a ball. Don't you wish, once in a while, that we could just enjoy the snow like he does? I'll bet he could play ball all day if there were someone who would stand outside and throw it to him!

My cats aren't that intrigued with the laser any more. I have to get out the wand with the mylar tassle to get their attention. I know they're bored and waiting for spring, with open windows and lots of birds to chitter at.

moosecraft said...

Oh Debbie!!! What an awesome post! Casey is such a handsome pup! We had a black and white border collie that would plow through the snow like that! The invisible ball thing is a riot! LOL! And Doar "being driven up the wall"... Thanks SO MUCH for the giggles this morning!!!! We are getting snow like you. As soon as the snow is cleared, it snows some more! UGH! Just please use your machine so ya' don't hurt yourself, OK? Hugs!

Karmen said...

What a beautiful portrait of your Border Collie against the snow!
Karmen

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh casey is soooo adorable! Our Chloe loves the snow too! She loves it if we throw snowballs for her to catch in her mouth!