Sunday, February 15, 2009

My latest Punch Needle pieces

Two of my gifts arrived this week, so now I can show you those two items;)
I have so many projects and things I want to make, I feel like I will never be able to catch up or do them all.

The first punch I made for my friend Cyndi. She sent me punch needles from other designers as "Happy Presents".
What are Happy Presents? Well, I call them that since I was little. Whenever we were really sick, my mom would buy us a happy present to make us feel better. Now we call them Raks; Random Acts of Kindness. Just a little something we send our friends to brighten up their day.

So, Cyndi sent me this punch and I thought it would make a great give back present for Valentines. I put the punch on a piece of wool and then thought, that it would make a cute little pouch, so that is what I made. It is all wool and I did a blanket stitch on the handle. I added a bag of lavender inside, her favorite scent.



This punch I made myself. I used a photo from Jacque's blog for the design. It is a picture of her granddaughter Kaylynn and one of her collies,Tango. I did it in 3 strands for some of the smaller areas, but most of it is done in 6 strands of floss. I really would like to do more punches with photos, but use more detail. This picture was so fun to do, I really enjoyed making it.

3 comments:

Miccosukee said...

Debbie,
As always your work is fantastic. I am sure a certain grandchild will adore the purse with the beloved collies.

trisha

Anonymous said...

Where do you find the time!?! The angel pouch is wonderful and will be treasured by it's new owner. And you already know I love the collie! Keep inspiring me Debbie!
Hugs,
Lauri

Lucy said...

I love your blog and your work. What a cute bag! Lovely, lovely!