Friday, July 10, 2009

Oldies but Goodies?

I was rummaging through the trunk and found some things I had forgotten about.
That is what happens when you buy things with the intention of making something and then forgot what it was;)
I have some yardage of materials I bought on the dollar table, and some will make great quilt backings.

This first piece is about two yards. I thought it would make a good tablecloth, well you can see it didn't make it on the table.
So, wondering what I can make with it, thinking some curtain toppers might be nice.



Then I pulled this piece out. I bought it 18 years ago, along with a floral one. I love bargains and they were on sale. I started painting it, but not sure why I never finished it. It is a bit bright for my tastes now, but maybe if I finish it and then antique it, it would make a nice floor rug. For where, I have no idea, lol.

4 comments:

Karmen said...

I love rediscovering old treasures, but, like you, I am getting alot of things that had a purpose that has been forgotten. Sometimes the new project is better than the original intended one anyway.

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

I have a stash of oldies and yes I still consider them goodies. The cats are going to make a wonderful floor cloth.

Tolentreasures said...

How fun, finding treasures right in your own house!
Cathy

Jacque. said...

Borders for quilts is what came to mind with that first photo. Not sure about the second...you're right...kinda bright...even for me! ~grin~