Monday, April 12, 2010

Annie Stitchery

I needed a hand break, so I decided to try stitchery.
I got this Sewing Annie for Kaaren Johnston's site and thought it would make a great gift for a friend who collects annies.

This is my first attempt at stitchery, something i have never tried before.
I did a back stitch, a bit sloppy, but my hands are not what they used to be, so my friends have to live with my sloppy stitching;)
I just looked at Kaaren's and noticed I didn't sew in the eyes and I forgot about the tie. I left that last, since I want to do a real tie for her. I am debating on whether to make a little pillow or quilt from it. I found some blue and white floral print that matches the original annie dress, so I thought it would be perfect to border this piece. I will age it more when I am finished.

I used tea stained fabric for the back, a dark red for the stitching to keep it prim and a blue chalk pencil to do the design with a light box.

10 comments:

appleberrycottage said...

Nice job! I love doing stitchery, too. I don't have a light box, so I tape the muslin on a patio door and trace with a water soluble blue marker. The blue marker is very easy to wash out. I tried the blue water soluble pencils, but that didn't wash out as easily as the marker. Is the finished project going to be framed, or something else? :)
Laura

paulette said...

You did a wonderful job!! Can't believe it's your first embroidery project...you're a natural!
Take care!
Paulette

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

How darling~!

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

you did a fantastic job..:o)

Lori said...

It looks really great!! Especially for your first embroidery project. Nice work!!

Cat Haven Craft House said...

Very sweet!

Deb said...

That is so sweet! I haven't done stitchery in a long time, but yet it's pretty easy to do and goes relatively fast! For your first project, you're doing a wonderful job - actually, it's perfect.

Brenda said...

Very cute indeed. Good for you! B=)

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

I think you did a wonderful job. Stitchery doesn't have to be "totally" perfect..it is to be "totally" fun!
hugs,
michelle

Jacque. said...

Too dang cute!