Friday, April 16, 2010

More stitcheries

This weekend, my ebay group is doing an online retreat.
This retreat is called little quilts, so I made some stitcheries that I can make into little quilts.
I also whipped up a quick mini pieced quilt, as well. Tomorrow I will do some big stitch on it and then bind it, then you can see it.

This piece is from Red Brolly. Bronwyn is offering these designs as a freebie. I did not do the first one, but I am doing this one, as well as another, that I think will make nice mini quilts, on their own.
My plan is to paint this one, inside of the stitches. I want to use acrylics, that are watered down into a watercolor consistency. That way I get the water color look, but the heat set properties of acrylic.



The think that worries me is, what if I mess it up. I love the stitchery and do not want to ruin it by experimenting. So, I decided to make a small piece with one of Tiffany's designs, that I can practice on. If I don't mess it up, I can make this into a little pillow. The material I use for the backings is, moda tea stained. I love using it when I need a plain light background and it works great with the light box.

6 comments:

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Awesome stitcheries and good luck with the painting...I'm sure it will turn out wonderful.

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

love them both especially tiffanys..I have several of her machine embroidered designs..;)

paulette said...

I LOVE these stitcheries...I hurried over to the Brolly blog and saved them all!! Thanks you so much!
Paulette

Deb said...

Good luck with painting them. I've painted on fabric before and I guess a word of advice is to make sure that your brush is not too wet so the color runs. Your stitcheries are darling.

moosecraft said...

They both look great, Debbie! Very interested in seeing what they look like after the painting.

Barb said...

I love your stitching.....