Friday, April 9, 2010

Pineapple Quilt

I wanted to make a quilt to hang on my dining room window and thought something with pineapples would be perfect.
I found this pattern in a Better Homes and Gardens, American Patchwork and Quilting magazine. It is in the April 2001 issue and is a pattern by Kris Kerrigan.

This one called for proper placement and overlays, so I decided to use wash away and glue to set the first pieces down and get them straight. As you can see, it didn't help, I am still off and crooked, lol. I think it is easier to sew without the wash away, but it would be a good product to use for machine applique. I am used to needle turning as I go and as you can see, I messed up in spots and lost my shapes and some parts don't fit together right. I really need to fix that one flower, way too square on one side. I still have to add borders and it will be setting at an angle once it goes into the back piecing. It isn't perfect, but it will do and a good test for the wash away. I am wondering what happens when I wash it and how the appliques will look then.

14 comments:

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

wow that is beautiful..you are most talented.;)

Tolentreasures said...

Very nice!

antique quilter said...

oh I love this!
great job!!!!!
it will look wonderful in your home
Kathie

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

I think it looks great; we are always too critical of our own work. Nice job.

Karmen said...

I don't see crooked, nor flat. I see wonderful. Karmen

Karen said...

I don't remember this pineapple design from the magazine. I am into pineapple designs. The block has the prim style look I like.

primitivebettys said...

It is beautiful Debbie! :) You always do such wonderful work.

Anonymous said...

http://quilthollow.blogspot.com/2010/02/i-love-good-barter.html You can see mine here! I love this quilt!!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Debbie ~
We are our own worse critic. I think it looks great!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Joanne said...

Debbie it looks great - you did a great job. Pineapples must be in the air - i hooked one yesterday

HomeSpunPrims said...

Debbie your pineapple quilt turned out great! I would leave it alone. I think it is perfect just the way it is!

Brenis said...

Debbie, I think it's perfectly wonderful! That's a ton of needleturn girl! And remember - it's HAND made - if you are seeing any imperfections (i'm sure not!) they are made by your hands my sweet! Not a production line in china! Love love love it!!!

Deb said...

I don't see a thing wrong with your quilt! I think that it came out great! I'm going to have to go back through my issues and look for that pattern - it's a winner.

Jacque. said...

ohmy...this is perfect for you! Off, you say? Cannot tell! I love the hooked stair tread you did!