Friday, April 23, 2010

Seals!

Today I finally got out for a walk and was so glad that I did.
Not only did I feel so much better, getting out in the fresh air, but I got to see some wonderful sights.

This place is called Rome Point and has a nice wide path that leads out to the bay.
We walked along the beach area and then took the path that leads to the point, at the end.



This guy was out laying his traps, with a little help from his seagull friends.



And this is what we got treated with, when we reached the point. Seals basking on the rocks. I had to use a telephoto on full zoom to get them, so not the best shots.



I went to take a shot of the birds on the big rock and didn't realize, until I saw the photo on the screen, there were more seals basking on the rocks below.



I took a photo of a line of rocks with seals. I can only see so far, since I am nearsighted, so it was fun to see what I captured on the camera. This is the right side of the line. The guy on the right must have his own little rock just below the surface.



Then on the other side of the photo, I captured the rest of the gang. It seems like you see one or two and then notice more and more that are disguised by the rocks.



And since I showed you a picture of me, that was 20 years old, I let my husband take a shot while I was enjoying the view.

12 comments:

Carrie P. said...

Such a very pleasant looking place to take a walk. You look very relaxed.

Jacque. said...

WOW! Seals by where you live...that's awesome! As are your photos!!! Love the pic of you...

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Oh what a wonderful walk! I love the seals! Great photo of you!

Vicki W said...

What a pretty day and great photos!

Lynn Barbadora said...

Lucky you to have such a beautiful place to walk!
Hugs,
Lynn

Soggibottom said...

It's a beautiful shot... not just of the seals. x x x

antique quilter said...

isn't it wonderful that you have a place that close to go to and enjoy the water?
Love watching the seals and the boats too.
Kathie

moosecraft said...

A great place for a walk and some fresh air! Isn't the warmer weather so healing? Those seals are so sweet just flopping around in the water! :-) You look very content and peaceful gazing out into the water! Enjoy the sunshine!

Ann said...

I love your surroundings. The beautiful walk, the water and seals! Great pictures, Debbie... and very nice to see you now!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Great pictures, Debbie. Thanks for sharing.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Beautiful pictures...how fun1

patijane's primitives said...

What great pictures!!! Such a great place to take a walk and enjoy the outdoors.