Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Self Portrait Challenge

Victoria of Bumble Beans Inc, is having a challenge for anyone wanting to join in.
The challenge is to take a photo and create yourself into a quilted piece.
I thought it would be fun to try, and wondering what I got myself into, lol.
I am not photogenic, seriously, so I avoid having my photo taken.
When I do, it is usually while kayaking or biking, so not the best for head shots.
I always have my hair pulled up, so I look bald in most of my photos.
Soooo, I finally found a way to get into my old photos that I had stored and will be going with the silly, bizarre version of myself;)
This was from a photo we did while on a trip in NH. This is my family, lol.
This is years ago, but it is a rare photo with my hair down. My daughter will be 25 this friday, so you can see how old this picture is. And no, I am not this mean, I was trying to look tough, lol.



This is what I did to myself with the magic of filters. This will give me a guideline for the piecing and I will use the original, as well. I am still not sure in which direction I will go with this, but it will probably end up as naive folk art;)

8 comments:

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

you are one pretty lady...love what you did with the photos..have a good one.;)

moosecraft said...

Beautiful! These pics are always so fun! Looking forward to seeing the quilt! Take your time... I know it will be a masterpice!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

ooh! that's a great photo to use! what fun is that going to be??

FUN! more please!!

Cat Haven Craft House said...

Very cute photo of you all! I am horribly non-photogenic, too! And avoid having my picture taken at all costs! Can't wait to see what you come up with for the quilt!

primitivebettys said...

Great photo & what a cool idea! :)

Soggibottom said...

I'm sure your just shy of the camera really :-)
Your photo looks beautiful, doesn't matter how long ago.

Really looking forward to see what quilt you come up with .
x x x

Deb said...

Your picture looks fantastic. Very pretty and it looks like you fit right in with that era with that solemn expression. I look forward to seeing what you do for the quilt.

Ann said...

Debbie, your talent is incredible, and you are gorgeous. Your blog is also a lot of fun, ;) So many types of crafts here.