Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Stairway to Quilting

I received my new stair treads this week and put them on the stairs to see how they look.
Of course the picture cannot show how nice and prim they really are, but I love them.
I found them on ebay from a seller called littlegranny. She has great prices and is willing to discount on full sets.
We still need to finish off the edges and I am thinking of sanding down the shiny paint my husband put on;)
Then I might do a simple stencil on each riser. And the guy making funny faces is Casey, he does that when I talk to him.



I finally decided to go with yarn for my hair and using my needle felting tool, I punched it into a wool template. Truthfully, this is what my hair really looks like, now, lol. Later when I finish the rest, I can go back and redo it, here and there, if I want. I do have a new couching foot, but I need to practice with it some more, then I can try hair with that. I made a tie and sewed it in, later I will figure out how to make a western tie and do it that way. I thought it would be fun to have a 3D effect on that. The picture is out of perspective since I have it one curved couch. The yarn looks mooshed since I had to use flash and I move too much.

6 comments:

Jacque. said...

WOW! The hair looks terrific!!! Where'd your face go, though? I am really like this...great job!!

moosecraft said...

Awesome! Very clever with that portrait quilt! And LOVE that Mr. Casey!!!

Anonymous said...

Cool!
Liking those stair trends and stairs...love th look for sure!

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Wow your really coming along on the portait quilt it's looking great!

Kim D. said...

Love the portrait quilt! You must be doing the portrait quilt along.

Joanne said...

Great hair!

Stair treads look great - looks like Casey is giving his okay!