Sunday, July 18, 2010

Little Birdie

Look what I found under my porch today. We have a second story porch, so it is a perfect hideout for a nest.
I wonder what they must think though, when we are tromping around the porch.
The other baby is hiding.



As for braiding, here are some answers to your questions.
You can type in braid aid and find lots of places that sell them.
I got mine from whispering hills of Connecticut at a rug show.

If you want to learn, there are some nice books available, I got mine from the library.

I use a long doll needle to sew my rugs and for thread, I got crochet cotton in black. I try and go inbetween the braids, but sometimes I go into them, so I do not do it professionally, just my way;) The threads for braiding are expensive, so I get the nice crochet cotton at jo anns with a coupon.

For braiding, I use thrift wools. Men's jackets are a great place to look and if you hit them on discount days, you can get some good bargains.

3 comments:

moosecraft said...

I can hear that birdie yelling... "Put the AC on!!!! It's hotter than a bugger under here!!!!" LOL! ;-)

Rock River Stitches said...

awww what a cute birdie pic! What kind of bird do you think it is? Thanks for the tips on the braided rug. I tried looking at my goodwill a couple of weeks ago and they don't have any wool clothes out. It's all summer stuff. I guess I just have to wait.

Tammy

Coon Hollow Farm said...

What you have there is a baby robin and the bugs are probably mites.YOu can pick him up birds don't have a sense of smell, Some quick mite spray from the pet store would help him greatly! Good Luck with your little guy!