Monday, August 23, 2010

New Stitcheries and Surprises

I have decided to take some time to fool around and see what I can come up with. It has been a while since I have made any of my own creations and thought it was time. Of course I need to get back into that mode and one way is to sit and doodle. I was thinking of Izzy, who loves to stalk the mice in the garden. The mice love the mini pumpkins my son put in, so the original idea was to make a fun scene, but my ideas need more work.

So, I made a doodle of Izzy with a pumpkin with her silly crazed face and made it into a stitchery. A bit silly, but fun to experiment. I started out with oval eyes and it didn't look right, so I checked out her eyes and realized, she really does have round eyes.



Then I made up a little pillow to match the punched piece I made, since it goes out this week.
I think it needs a date in the corner.



Today I got a surprise in the mail. We did a swap on our ebay group, USAPRIM. We didn't know who got our name until we received our package. I got one from JO and she made me this beautiful pillow.



And that wasn't all, I got two sets of dyed wools, love them. They are so much nicer in person, the colors are gorgeous and will be perfect to use in a shaded piece. I plan on working in smaller cuts again, so they will go into a special project. Plus I got some wonderful patterns, fabrics and the cutest little clay ornaments, that I assume her granddaughter made for me.

5 comments:

Joanne said...

Love your Izzy creation! Great gifts from Jo! The wool looks beautiful and the Xstitch piece - wow!

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Your Izzy is adorable great job on that doodle! Had me smiling at the whimsical look. Great gifts from Jo she did a wonderful job on that pillow and wool!

moosecraft said...

The Izzy stitchery is way too cute! Love the expression on the face! :-) Jo certainly did spoil you with all those great goodies! The wool looks divine!!!!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Debbie ~
What a great pillow from Jo!
Your Izzy piece just made me smile.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

arlyce said...

Izzy is too adorable on your pillow. Lucky Ducky with your swap.