Friday, June 15, 2012

Civil War Quilt Progress!


I worked some more on my quilt and I like how it came out.
I wanted to use the blocks that I cut out, but in a unique way, so I played around and came up with this design. I added the red border, without thought to size, so of course the blocks wouldn't fit evenly around it, so I added an extra blue piece, in-between. Once I got that on, I added another row of blue, with red in the corners. This is the result.


This is how it looks and fits on my bed. Now I have to decide on the outer borders, using the jelly roll. Maybe some keys going around, will think on it. I may add some appliqué in the center and I may do some free motion designs, will think on it;) The fabric is from Barbara Brackman's 1862 Battle Hymn line. The shirting is from Judy Rothermel fabrics.


9 comments:

Dorothy said...

It's looking so wonderful. Love what you've done.

moosecraft said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I hope your taking notes... cuz this would be a great design to pattern up and sell! :-)

Chris said...

Like it? I love it!!

Karen said...

The red is a perfect addition.

Terry said...

That's so pretty! The red really sets it off! :0)

Cherry's Prairie Primitives said...

I love how it came out!!!

Carrie P. said...

neat pattern!

Sew Hungryhippie said...

Absolutely fantastic!! Really impressive. I admire your efforts so much. Yes-do a pattern like Moosecraft said! haha I'd buy it.

Rose said...

So simple, but gorgeous. Quilters never stop amazing me.