Thursday, April 4, 2013

Spring is here!


Today it was too nice to stay inside, so we took our first walk around the pond. Then I crashed for the rest of the day, lol. I am out of shape and a 3 mile hike was more than I am used to, but well worth it.

The ducks and swans were out on the pond and the trees were full of birds. I spied this egret as we walked down the path.

My flower mat is done, but it is drying, had to wash off the blue ink, so tomorrow I will have a photo. I also messed up on my wool quilt. I added the applique to the new block and then realized it sticks out more, than the other blocks below it. So, I have to add more wool pieces to the side to even it out.


4 comments:

Soggibottom said...

Three miles :-) way beyond me ;-) Well done :-) XXX

Rugs and Pugs said...

Oh how I wish spring would come to northern Ohio. Colds winds are still blowing off Lake Erie.
A three mile walk. Yeah for you.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Jan PATEK said...

Wow! And I think I'm doing good to walk to the tree line every night.

Kate said...

Such a beautiful photo! Good on you for getting out and enjoying a spring day .... we have 4" of snow in our forecast. :(