Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Vintage Fabrics and Apples!


My Sister in Law used to craft and as she cleans, she finds things and gives them to me. This time it was books and fabric. Most of the books are old patterns and magazines that aren't my type or ones I can reuse into new things, so those will go to the salvation. I am not sure on the fabric. The blue with flowers is a bit stiff, reminds me of curtain or pillow fabric, so wondering if it would be a good backing for quilts, for my daughter. I had to wash it, since it smelled like musty moth balls.

There is at least 5 yards or more of the light blue floral.


She also had this panel with some fun prints. I hated to wash it, but the smell was horrid. It might be fun to make something out of it.


I am still using my big bag of apples. I made apple cookies and apple crisp. Today I made apple burgers and apple butter. It was the first time I have made it and I used all of the apple so the natural pectin thickened it nicely and it tastes good, even without sugar. It will be nice to use on rice cakes. I am still looking for the original recipe for apple burgers. I sauté onions and grated apples in butter, then add that to the hamburger and bread crumbs, then you make small patties and back them in the oven, my family loves them.

For the apple butter, I cooked the apples for about 4 hours, than cooled it down, put it in the blender and then cooked it for another two hours.


6 comments:

cucki said...

Aww sweet fabric
Enjoy your day x

moosecraft said...

Mmmmm... those apple burgers sound awesome! I'd never think to add apples to ground beef...

Jacque. said...

mmmmmmm....things made with apples. Yummy!

acorn hollow said...

apple burgers sound good. I have used apples and pork together.
Cathy

Jacqueline said...

Mmmm I bet your house smelled wonderful with all the apple cooking going on

Libby said...

I have never heard of apple burgers...thinking this would be something fun to try with ground chicken. Looks like I will be experimenting in the kitchen this weekend.