Monday, January 25, 2016

Monday Finishes from Freebies!


There are so many wonderful artists on the internet who share their talents with us, and there is something for everyone. I actually finished two projects but the bunny was finished today.

The bunny pattern is a freebie offered on Pattern Mart. There are a variety of projects on their site for free and thousands of patterns from different artists. Be sure to sign up for their newsletter, they send one out, once a week and also have surveys that offer free patterns, as well.

This guy is a creation by Catnap Primitives. He is one piece, except for the ears, so he was easy to put together and fun to change up by using what I had. I have a hard time focusing on instructions, usually after a couple sentences I get lost, so I just look them over and then cut out the pieces and put them together;) Check out her other patterns, lots of wonderful prims and most are under five dollars.

I stitched areas on the ears to get the bunching and then I inserted a wire to keep them upright. I basically messed with them, until I got the look I want;) I hope you like him, he makes me smile. I moved him and didn't realize his carrots are crooked. I tacked them on to the hands, so they do move.


My second project was to get my Buttermilk Basins BOM done. I love the first design and can't wait to see the next one. This is going to be a fun BOM and you will have a finished quilt for next Christmas, don't forget to get your copy of the first block.

I am using Primitive Gatherings line of seasonal fabric for the backgrounds. The wool I use is a mix of new and over dyed thrift wool. I realized I forgot to add the fringe on the scarf and the star on the snowman, so I will add those on.

I hope everyone got to work on projects this weekend. Snowstorms have their benefits.


18 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Great finishes.
No snowstorm here, but I have been somewhat productive (but not nearly as much as I'd like to be).
Hugs :)
Lauren

acorn hollow said...

You have been busy my friend! That bunny is so darling.
Cathy

Anonymous said...

Cuteee!

paulette said...

Super finishes!! You are on a roll!

annie said...

wonderful, I love them!

Kate said...

Debbie, your bunny is adorable and I love what you did with his ears!!
Your version of the BOM is really cute. Looks like you've been having fun while being snowed in. :)

Jacque. said...

Very primitive bunny...and I love the snowman! Great work, Debbie!!

Sherry said...

I love the primitive bunny!! The snowman block is adorable and perfect for this time of year!

Saundra said...

You sure do crank out those projects fast. Both are very nice.

Anna said...

quilters are such a generous lot!

Sandi said...

Sweet finches Debbie, at least the fixes on the snowman are easy ones. Love your stumpy rabbit.

Melody said...

Lovely finishes. I'm planning on stitch the snowman block too.

Karen said...

The rabbit is perfectly prim. I like!

Jackie said...

Love your bunny and snowman! I downloaded the bunny pattern. He'll be great for Easter. Haven't started my snowman yet.

usagypsy said...

Oh the bunny is so cute! I also finished the first block for the Buttermilk Basin BOM. I'm looking forward to next month. I find working with wool so relaxing.

Allie-oops Designs said...

That bunny is so cute, love his ears!!! The snowman is great too, you've sure been busy. I've been stitching and stitching and now have a crick in my neck, lol...

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

I love your letter 'L'~ I so want to do this one, just need a bit more time in the day to do it all! LOL Have a great weekend!

Dawn said...

Hope you are feeling better. Looks like your snow days were productive. Love the chair may, I could never hook that as fast as you did!