Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Weekend Wanderings: Part Two


You know you have a busy weekend when you have to do it in two parts;) And when you spend your Monday, crashed out on the couch, lol. This time we had Bean and Nick, it is like having two toddlers and I was keeping my eyes on Nick and on Bill since Bean ends up jumping on people while Bill is zoned out, so for me it was a bit hectic.

We had to pick up Nick at his house, so we decided to go across into Connecticut and for our first stop we went outside of Norwich to the Yantic Falls. I used my phone to get directions and it took us to the main parking area, which meant more walking to get to the falls.

The falls are always beautiful, even when the water levels are down. A photo op with my favorite guys.


We walked across the bridge, Nick is becoming very independent and all I could think of was, he was going to fall through the rails, lol.


Our main destination was Gillette Castle. I thought it would be a good place for Nick and Bean, but Nick was off and running, luckily the walls are a bit higher than he is.


Nick was ready to explore the castle.



The guys enjoying the views from the castle.


Lots of nooks and crannies to play hide and seek.


We walked along some paths, but most are too hard for Nick to walk on, so we stuck to the main area and decided Nick was getting tired and headed home. He fell asleep a few minutes after he got in his seat so we took a back road and enjoyed a scenic ride while he slept. I wanted to get a pumpkin so I found out there was a farm ahead and we made another stop. Poor Nick had to wake up, but once he saw the farm, he was rearing to go. We let him pick out a smaller pumpkin to take home for his mom.

This is what I get, every time I tell him to smile, he is such a smart alec.


The one thing he didn't forget, was that I said we could ride on a tractor. Of course the minute we get there the tractor was coming in for a rest break. The poor kid just stood by that tractor and kept saying, ride the tractor, he loves tractors. There was no way I was going to climb up to let him sit on it. I guess I will have to take him to another farm before they close.

It was a good day and always fun to spend time with Nick. He got home and did not want to eat dinner, just said, he wanted to go to bed, guess we wore him out as much as he wore us out.

I also got the Ole Crow pattern done, so if you are looking for a fun fall project, you can click on the link to the left.


7 comments:

Sandi said...

Looks like another lovely day. Poor Nick with your poor timing for getting him onto a tractor ride. Fingers crossed it gets it next time.

acorn hollow said...

Nick looks like he had a great time! It is so good time to be out and about before the cold weather comes.
Cathy

kelley said...

what wonderful times with Nick...love the pic of him on the bridge...I can see you getting worn out keeping an eye on the three of them!

Saundra said...

Am guessing the castle is too unsafe to view from the inside. My son would immediately fall asleep when driving in the car. Oh my what sweet memories of long ago.

Rugs and Pugs said...

What a wonderful place to explore.
Nick is such a cutie!!!
Unlike Saundra's son, by boys almost never slept in the car :(
Hugs :)
Lauren

Julie Fukuda said...

Such a fun outing. Nick has really become independent over the last year. I had to laugh about falling asleep in the car. I remember when my elder son was that age. To get him to sleep, all I had to do was put him in the car and start the engine and roll to the end of the driveway and back. I wondered how he was ever going to get to school when he started ... or if there would be someone at the other end to drag him off the bus.

Fiona said...

Nick must love coming over to yours and doing all those fun things...
Hugz