Friday, January 27, 2017

Friday Finish!


This week I decided to make a new project to keep me busy while I rested. I have been taking double doses of D3 and I would say that it works much better than any other medicine. My symptoms are bearable and it is boosting up my immune system so I am fighting off the bug, so hopefully I will be able to get out and enjoy another weekend.

While I rested I made a new punch needle, the design is by Lori of Notforgotten Farm and was offered as a freebie to the Facebook groups.

I love the saying and it is a fun design to do, though mine came out a bit wonky. I also think I need to replace my needles, I have been using them for years and I think it is showing in my work.


I also received a box of patterns from a friend, so I am working on another punched piece of an easter design. Our weather has been weird, sunny, then raining, then cold, then hot and yesterday an ominous cloud came rolling over and the next thing I knew it was hailing. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

I took a quick photo to try out my new lens. Yes, I took back the last one and got a new one, lol. This one is 24mm-70mm and better than the one that came with the camera, but not the best one. The best also has a higher price and weight, so this one is just right for me.


8 comments:

Karen said...

The punch needle house piece is oh so good. What size is it? I always have a hard time judging the size of punch needle pieces.

Kate said...

Such a lovely needle punch cushion Debbie and a gorgeous photo! Nice to read that you're feeling better.

Saundra said...

I love that design by Lori too and want to hook it myself.

Sandi said...

I can't figure out what is wonky, looks good to me!

Lovely foggy photo!

Kim said...

Gorgeous. I love that pattern. I hooked it last year and it is in the pile to be bound

Rugs and Pugs said...

Love your p/n version of the pattern! I don't see wonky either.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Allie-oops Designs said...

Love your pillow, Debbie, I don't see any wonky at all, it looks beautiful! That's some wild looking weather you've captured...

Julie Fukuda said...

I love your happy little home. Glad to hear things are improving.
It is always hard to find a camera that will do the things you bid it to and be light enough and small enough to carry along.