Monday, August 7, 2017

Weekend Wanderings!


This weekend we got a bit of rain, so I used the time to get things done and when the rain stopped, we took a trip to the lighthouse. It was perfect timing, not too many people and the perfect place to hide my rocks. The bad thing was, after I left them, carloads of families came in and when we got back from our hike, all the rocks were gone. One couple found the funny face and posted, but no word from the others who found them.

This time we walked along the rocks and just enjoyed the views. A fog bank came rolling in.


With the end of the rain and bits of sun, it was also a good time to enjoy the beauty of nature on our walk.

This butterfly has the strangest face, it reminds me of a bunny.


A strange flower along the cliffs, no idea what it is. It was a perfect day for walking, but Bean was upset that he couldn't run down the cliffs to the water.


On Sunday we went to the forts again. It is a large area with several parking areas and beach ways, as well as view points, so we can always find a spot without the crowds.

We enjoyed watching the boats coming in and out of Newport. We also went to the launch and beach so Bean could play a bit. The problem was, there were more people, paddlers and divers and two dogs fetching balls in the water. Bean got so excited, he jumped in and started paddling out to them, luckily he was on a leash. I don't think he realized how far out and deep it was and it was the first time he ever went over his head on purpose, to swim. I wish I could have videoed him but I was too busy holding on to him and not getting pulled in, lol.


We decided to take him to his Aunt Natalie's so he could play off leash. He got to have fun and we took a dip. The tide was out though, so between the reeds and all the gunk from boaters, it wasn't as nice, as it usually is. But it is still a nice quiet spot to relax with Bean and I got lots of rocks to paint. I spotted this bee on her flower bush, I think he was full up on pollen. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.


10 comments:

Dawn said...

Beautiful, wonderful photography.

Julie Fukuda said...

Well, it was my kids dragging me out here and there but you have Bean to drag you. (Luckily not into deep water)!

Rugs and Pugs said...

That picture of the butterfly is amazing!

kelley said...

gorgeous pics Debbie...I need some of Beans energy...

Sandi said...

Sounds like some great adventures Debbie. Lovely photos. Fun to look at insect pictures afterwards and see what you captured.

acorn hollow said...

that is one pollen drunk bee. How fun it was for the families to find the !
rocks!
As always great pictures
Cathy

Allie-oops Designs said...

Great pics Debbie, looks like a really fun weekend!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos. The "strange flower" is common mullein.

Carol Swift said...

So many beautiful photos! I love taking photos of bugs on flowers and yours are amazing. I think that bee has a bunny face...too funny.

Carol Swift said...

I meant the butterfly not the bee has a bunny face.