Monday, December 18, 2017

Christmas at my House!


This weekend we got out, mostly shopping and a drive, but it was way too cold to get out for walks. No new projects to show, a few I need to finish before Christmas and a few to start.

I tried taking photos of some of my Christmas decorations with the lights on, but hard to get, since light ruins the effect and dark, you cannot see anything. Not the best photos, but I thought I would share a few with you.

This year I went with more lights, I love having them, it warms up the house and has a calming effect. I also found some clear plastic trees that have changing lights, great to put with groupings. This is my nativity, we bought it a few years after we got married. It came from a discount store, plastic pieces that cost a dollar a piece, so I could only get so many, lol. Now I wish I had bought a lot more, it is hard to find this type and size, but I have found a few animals over the years.



A shelf my husband built, sits on the wall above the dining table. A nice place to decorate for the seasons. Some day we will tear down the wall with the odd cut out, to make room for an island. The cats tend to move things around, so most of my decorations are crooked. The 3 larger stitched pillows are gifts from my friends.


I found a new christmas piece in our local consignment. I love nativities and this church has the nativity, going around each side and you can put a battery candle to light it up. I do love a bit of folk art too.


Above my larger windows, I have garlands, angel lights and a banner that says Joyeux noel. This year I want to make a long banner quilt, depicting the nativity, to hang here.


A find this weekend was this cute snowman that holds photos. A fun piece that I can change out each year, with new photos.


I hope you enjoyed seeing a few of my decorations. I wanted to put out more items and fun ones for when the kids visit. This winter we will be taking everything off the walls, time to repair all the damage and repaint.

I will leave you with one final photo, my son and grandson Alex, he is such a happy baby and I can't wait to start taking him on adventures with us.


9 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

Last week our church had a display of Nativity sets from all over the world. I took in the one that was hand made by my family from egg cartons and sauce bottles. Of 60 or so sets, it was the most rustic. My daughter has decorated this place with lights but getting a proper shot to show them off takes more talent than I have.

Kate said...

Beautiful Christmas decor, Debbie. Such a lovely photo of your son and Alec.

Saundra said...

I've decorated inside just a wee bit and nothing outside. Well, I have a wintery holiday decoration hanging on the exterior door. It isn't really a wreath as it isn't round. But it looks holiday-like.

Carol Swift said...

Such sweet photos you've shared! My decorations are pretty sparse around here so I enjoyed seeing yours.

Sandi said...

Lovely displays Debbie, your snowman is too cute. He'd come home with my also.

Sorry it was too cold for a walk on the weekend. We had heavy rain Sunday dry on Monday so went walking. This morning rain which mat turn to snow at higher elevations I doubt if I get any.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Love everything, especially the picture of your son and Alex. Too precious.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Fiona said...

Lovely decorations.....
Hugz

acorn hollow said...

Christmas is so magic hard to see it go.
Love that picture of your son and his son
Cathy

GRSshoes said...

Beautiful Christmas decor...
http://grsshoes.com/