Friday, December 1, 2017

Friday Finishes and a free pattern!


This week I have been busy cleaning up after the holiday and decorating for the next one. I find myself more in the mood this year, I put out more of my decorations and more lights. I think the kids will love seeing all the decorations and lights when they visit, kids do make the holidays more joyous and I am blessed that I can spend as much time with mine, as I want.

I decided it was time to make one of my patterns from Buttermilk Basin. I love the cut out shapes and they fit nicely on the wall, in smaller spaces. I changed mine up a bit, adding button eyes and snowflakes instead of stars.


Another thing I wanted to try  was an ornament that I saw in my Craft Gossip mail. I followed the link and there was no pattern, that I could see, so I made up my own. I found a similar shape and made a printable, and printed it out on card stock. It isn't real clear, but good enough to print and cut out. I had some music note paper and cut that out in the same shape and glued it on with Elmer's craft stick glue. I used buttons and a button carrot nose, as well as a scarf, all done with the same glue. I wasn't sure if it would work, but everything is staying in place. With the snowflake button, I sewed that on with a thin quilting needle. This was a fun and quick project and you can use different types of paper and items that you have around the house. Great for the kids too.



I am posting the template, that I used. It will print out clearly and you can easily follow the shape, to cut it out. This can be done on a wood cutout, as well, most craft stores carry them. Another option would be to use fabric. Or if you want it to be more prim, you can spray it with walnut spray or add glitter, lots of possibilities. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.



8 comments:

Lady Locust said...

Those are both adorable!!! You are so very talented.

Pieced Brain Quilt Designs said...

OMGoodness, they are so beautiful!

Sandi said...

Great job Debbie, love that BB snowman and now I need to get one! Thank goodness Stacy is having her 12 days of Christmas sale. Thanks for sharing you musical snowman idea, very cute especially for music lovers.

Saundra said...

Cut snowmen. When I was making dolls I sewed some little angels and made wings using musical note paper.

Fiona said...

very clever.... as you say it is the Children who bringso much magic into Christmas...
Hugz

Kris said...

Debbie, both of your snowmen are darling!! Thanks for sharing the template too!!

Rugs and Pugs said...

What a sweet Buttermilk Basin finish!

acorn hollow said...

You are so right kids make the holiday so joyous. Love your work as always
Cathy